A few friends of mine decided to start an online book club of sorts. We don’t really sit down and analyze the books, but we do talk a little bit about them on Facebook, maybe give a brief summary of the books we’re reading, state if we like them or not and suggest books for everyone else to check out. It’s more of a personal challenge to read 1 book a week for the entire year. Most of us are not keeping quota, but it’s great fun trying! I have an ever growing list of books I would like to read – and books I love. In fact, I have been pinning some of them over on Pinterest.
Here’s the list of books I have read so far.
- Dresden Files Series by Jim Butcher
- Storm Front
- Fool Moon
- Grave Peril
- Summer Knight
- Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- Mitford Series by Jan Karon
- A Home in Mitford
- A Light in the Window
- These High, Green Hills
- Out to Canaan
- Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Nightshade Trilogy by Andrea Cremer
- 50 Shades by E L James
- 50 Shades of Grey
- 50 Shades Darker
- 50 Shades Freed
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
- Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
- Game of Thrones
- Clash of Kings
- Storm of Swords
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Island by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- My Sister’s Keeper by Judi Picoult
- Unbroken: A WWII story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
- The Bean Tree by Barbra Kingslover
- Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
- Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty
That brings me to a total of 35 books on week 38. Just a little behind the goal of 1 book per week!
Do you want to join the fun?? Keep me posted with your reading goals! Do you have a book you absolutely love, or one that you are really looking forward to reading? Share it here! I love to hear about new books. Have questions about one of these books? I’d love to chat about them!
I’ll be posting updates in the future. Until then, Happy Reading!
About the author HippieKender