Kids Archive

Tutorial Tuesday: Rock Candy

I have never made rock candy… ever.  Does this seem strange to you?  My husband thought it was strange.  But, when I saw this tutorial, I knew I had to try it.  I used my kids as

Christmas Crafting 2012

Every Christmas I try to do a little crafting. Usually an ornament for the tree. I generally make the same style for everyone, with different colors or whatnot.  Sometimes I throw in a few other handcrafted ideas-

School Drop Station

Every year at at the start of school, I start the battle to keep the kids’ school stuff organized. It seems that every day I get emails home about important dates, or papers home with important information

3 No-Sew Halloween Costumes

I know, I know…. July is a little bit early to be thinking about Halloween costumes.  But, if you like to make your own costumes, or are tired of all the skimpy or cheaply made costumes out

Making Lip Gloss

It’s hot in Chicagoland. Heat index above 100F with fairly high humidity.  The Weather Channel keeps sending out advisories to keep children indoors to reduce risk of heat stroke. After driving to the grocery store today (in

Nintendo DS Purse

I was feeling kind of “blah” today and decided I needed to do something creative. I started by messing with my blog. Don’t see any changes? That’s because I couldn’t figure out how do do what I

Harry Potter Wands

My son is reading the Harry Potter series (partially for enjoyment and partially to fulfill reading requirements for school). He has a book report of sorts due soon where he need to bring in 15 items that

Valentines, part 2

Since I shared the Valentines I made for my son, I thought I would share the ones I made for my daughter. I don’t have some crazy story about how I spent all night making valentines. I

Handmade Valentines – Pencils

I decided this year I was going to make my kids’ valentines – you know, the ones they have to bring to school and give to every kid in the class. I picked up most of the


My kids have been playing old-school Pokemon on my DS. They enjoy it so much they pretend they are pokémon trainers. The other day I was watching them play Pokemon in the yard and realized they don’t